BYOD PROGRAM @ MCC in 2017
At Mount Clear College we have a 1:1 Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program for year 7-9 students. The BYOD program is designed to enable our students to thrive as global citizens in the 21st Century, allowing our students to:
- Learn anywhere, anytime
- Initiate their own learning
- Involve their family in their education
- Create media rich presentations and projects
- Instantly access information to enrich their learning
- Make communications from home to school quicker and easier
- Keep in close contact with the school’s online portal for class changes, events and excursions, learning tasks and homework, as well as college the news feed
A stimulating and innovative learning environment is required to connect with today’s student and equip them for tomorrow’s world.
What are my options with obtaining a Device?
Students entering the college in 2017 have two options in which they can obtain a device to use at the school. Both options will need to have a modified Edustar image, which includes up to date antivirus software and software tailored to suit the needs of junior school students, or appropriate Apple apps placed on them.
The Edustar image which can be placed on Android Tablets, Netbooks and Laptops will be available for download from the school’s website. If a student brings an Apple product (MAC/iPad) as their device, they will need to ensure they have downloaded Office Suite to match the software provided within the Edustar image.
- Bring their own device to school
Students are welcome to bring their own device and have this connected to the college network as long as the device meets our minimum specifications (listed on page 2). Students are welcome to retain a device they may have used in primary school, a device that is already owned at home or within the family, or they can purchase a new device from an external supplier, examples of acceptable devices are listed on page 4.
- Purchase a device through the school
Students have the option of purchasing a device through the school at a heavily discounted rate. Devices purchased through the school have the added bonus of an onsite warranty and are able to be worked on by the colleges IT technicians. Further information of the device offered is listed over the page.
Devices purchased through the college require a 50% deposit before they can be ordered. This deposit is due before close of business on Monday the 14th of November 2017 and can be paid at the college front office. Additional orders may occur depending on demand, however a deposit by this date ensures the device will be delivered in time for the first day of school in 2017. A device order form is located on the last page of this booklet.
Device available for purchase through the College
Dell Inspiron 11.6” Screen – White Plastic Housing
|· Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series (Intel) – 3179
· 7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) m3-7Y30 Processor (4M Cache, up to 2.60 GHz)
· 11.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) LED-Backlit Touch Display
· Palmrest Type 80, White
· 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz (On Board)
· 128GB Solid State Drive
· Intel(R) HD Graphics
· Intel 3165AC + BT4.2802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.2, Dual Band 2.45 GHz, 1×1
Option A— 1 Year onsite warranty — $734.18 inc. GST
Option B — 3 Year onsite warranty — $823.90 inc. GST
*Please note – Devices cannot be picked up until 100% of the cost has been paid for. All receipts and records of payments should be kept*